Thursday, December 06, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Season’s Greetings! Thank you again for your support. This year yielded incredible results, both for myself as an author and for my series, The Circle of Friends. Book IV of the series, MIKE, was released last spring and enjoyed a successful promotional launch. This resulted in numerous interviews and another flurry of book signings, of which I have done close to 250 now in my career, and some great reviews for the fourth book.

Internet presence increased tremendously for my books. In addition to my main website and blog, there are now dozens of sub-sites and numerous book clubs featuring my series. I co-manage an online writer’s group and contribute articles for several other sites. My series now has readers in over a dozen new countries, including South Africa and New Zealand. Two virtual tours have also increased online awareness and garnered many new fans.

My previous experience as a speaker began to pay off this year as I began conducting seminars at North Carolina colleges. I cover publishing and all of the options open to writers today; promoting and marketing; and overcoming obstacles, a very interactive and creative seminar. My appearances now include middle and high schools, where I teach the students how to design and build a believable character. The greatest honor came when I was asked to be a featured speaker at the Book 'Em Festival in Virginia, alongside authors Catherine Coulter and Ellen Hopkins, and participating in a panel discussion on best sellers and a solo talk on book tours.

Next year promises many things as well. While HEATHER: Book V will not be released until 2009, (as it is now under the guidance of a publishing house), I will continue to tour and promote my series. My seminars are scheduled well into May and will continue through the fall. I also intend to complete my first science-fiction novel, a non-fiction book on publishing & promoting, and begin a historical romance. There will also be revisions to the first four books of the series, including new graphics for Books I and II.

None of this would be possible without the support of fans, book industry people and those in the media. Thank you for your enthusiasm and belief! Salacious material may sell, but I refuse to compromise and will continue to push uplifting and positive books for young adults and adults. Making a difference is what truly matters in life!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

No comments: