Friday, May 29, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different...

If your cat needs to be shaken out of its state of compliancy, call Confuse-A-Cat, LTD!

It was a busy week around the web:

6 Ways to Cure Blogger Writers Block- Marketing Tips For Authors

Two great articles over at The Free Spirit:
Successful book launch event tips from Ho-Jo- Free Spirit
Our Thoughts Make the World- Free Spirit

Nancy discusses branding- Nancy J. Parra

Angela Wilson’s How to Respond to Bad Reviews- Market My Novel

A new online promotions service- Serentiy Promotions

A special mention of the article “70 Non-Fictions Authors to Follow” – Thanks! - Glenda C. Beall

Ashton Kutcher threatens to stop Twittering after new reality show is announced- CNN
“It’s all fun and games until someone gets stalked,” he states.

And since this has become such a popular aspect of my Deviant Art journal, a summary of the past month's movie reviews:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine – B
Star Trek – A
Terminator Salvation – C+
Night at the Museum II – A-
Read the full reviews in my past two journal entries- SpunkOnAStick’s Journal

Happy Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual great list of useful links. Thanks for the shout out on my Free Spirit posts. I read Angela's article, and will check into the other ones. Good stuff!

The Old Silly from Free Spirit Blog

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Looks like there's a lot of helpful blogs this week that I need to check out. I am so behind in movies - I haven't seen any of those!

Jane Kennedy Sutton
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

Helen Ginger said...

Ooh, ouch. Terminator was next on my list to go see.

Thanks for all the great links. You're like a scout leading the way.

Helen
Straight From Hel

L. Diane Wolfe said...

There were a lot of things I left out, too! I love finding all these little tidbits throughout the week.

And I don't want to scare anyone from seeing Terminator, but I am such a HUGE fan of the first three movies, to the point I could recite the original, the fourth just really seemed so lacking. Great action, no feeling - I did not connect with the characters and there were some inconsistencies.

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Thank for including my guest blog spot on Marv Wilson's blog in your always pithy carnival of great tips, Diane. I hope others consider the frugal tradeshow route for their book launches.

Best,
Carolyn
Blogging at Writer's Digest 101 Best Websites pick, www.sharingwithwriters.blogspot.com