Thursday, February 26, 2009

What Rejuvenates You?

We all have little things that give us a daily boost, but what really rejuvenates your spirit? Where do you go, what do you do, that has a major, lasting effect that will sustain you for weeks? What sparks (or shocks) your system into feeling completely alive once more?

I am a roller coaster junkie, and nothing makes me feel more alive than a ride on a large steel coaster. The adrenaline rush, the sensation of flying, the complete inhibition all charge my spirit. And it is one of the few places where screaming at the top of your lungs is perfectly acceptable - that's an incredible release as well!

I also possess no sense of balance - I can walk down a hallway ten feet wide and still manage to run into the wall at some point. Riding a roller coaster somehow realigns my equilibrium, so when I get off the ride, I feel incredibly balanced. If I could afford it, I'd have one built in my backyard so I could experience that every single day!

You might not like roller coasters, but what jolts you back to life?














Diane and friends on a favorite coaster - Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Nothing like a 200-foot coaster at 10am in the morning!

6 comments:

Nancy J. Parra said...

I love the water rides-Jewel of the Nile is one at Worlds of Fun in KC, MO. Five people in a raft floating through rapids, into tunnels and waterfalls. Rush!

Allyn Evans said...

More quiet activites like reading and writing are what do it for me. I also need regular doses of fun with friends...where we'll laugh till our mascara runs. About to have one of those times right now. We're celebrating a friend's 50th birthday today.

Stanley Berber said...

I left roller coasters behind quite a few centuries ago - they destroy my equilibrium at my age - make me nauseas. For a daily pick me up I'll play my guitar or take a long walk. If I need a real extended rejuvenation I'll go for a week of rustic camping.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I always feel rejuvenated after a long walk along the beach.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
Author of The Ride
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

Prill Boyle said...

So many things rejuvenate me. Singing to the radio when I'm driving--that's one of my favorites. BTW, love the photo!

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Love the oller coasster idea. That reminds me I like to go to Disneyland but can't afford it often. Just basically a kid.

Also like snuggling down by the fire to read.

Carolyn