Friday, January 11, 2008

Saying Goodbye

I just finished the last line in my fifth and final book in The Circle of Friends series.

It is with great relief, great joy, and great sorrow that I meet this moment.

These characters have been a part of my life for years. I began writing Book I back in the summer of 2002. LORI was inspired by a dream, just a wisp of a dream, and has culminated in the completion of a fifth book this evening. I have cried with these characters, loved with them, and viewed them as real people. Every time I have moved on to a new book, I have mourned the previous two main characters as the chapter closes on their lives.

Now they are all gone...

But they taught me so much about life! Lori taught me to chase after my dreams and the power of a positive attitude. Sarah taught me to believe in myself and have faith. James taught me to let go of past hurts and abuse. Mike taught me to forgive and have peace with the decisions in my life. Heather just taught me consideration and to wield carefully the power one can have over others.

I will miss all of you so much...

No comments: