Thursday, April 28, 2005

Perfection

I used to be a bit of a perfectionist.

I say used to.

Despite everything we are taught in school, there is no such thing as perfection. Only math could be considered pure, but then again, there's more than one route to any answer! For everything else, yo can do it over and over again and still not be satisfied that it's perfect.

The solution? Don't worry about perfection - just do your best.

I found it much less stressful to put forth a 100% effort and do my very best than to make myself crazy trying for perfection. Besides, perfectionists annoy people, because they're looking for perfection and can't give praise for effort.

And I think every noble first-rate effort deserves recognition!


Learn the difference between the hopeless pursuit of perfection and the satisfying seeking of excellence. - Dr. Kevin Leman

No comments: