Thursday, October 14, 2010

On to Book 'Em and the GO AWAY Award!

I'm off today for the Book 'Em Festival.

Friday is a full day of school visits, teaching kids how to design their own character. It's tiring but a lot of fun - some of the kids come up with great characters.

Saturday is the main event and I'm also scheduled to do a talk at 11am. It'll be a blast to catch up with my author friends!

Several of us are getting together for dinner Friday night, including my buddy Trish (p.m. terrell) and Dirk Robinson. (From Scotland! I could listen to Dirk talk for hours.)

And I'm wrapping up my week with The Muse Online Writers Conference. The forum discussion has been fun and informative (I'll post about it next week) but I'm hoping the two events don't coincide again next year. Just a little too much for Spunky to handle!

I also recieved an award from Yvonne at Welcome to my World of Poetry Thanks so much! She is just the sweetest lady.

I'm passing the Go Away! I'm Writing Award to three writers at various stages in the writing process:
Tara McClendon
Creepy Query Girl
Nancy J Parra

And I wrapped up with part II of my professional speaking series at Breakthrough Blogs on Wednesday. Thanks again, Stephen!

I'll be offline until next week, so see you when I return. Weekend Sillies will post as usual though!

23 comments:

India Drummond said...

I understand about listening Scots talk for hours. I have to admit although it isn't why I fell in love with my husband, it certainly helped get my attention!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Lovely to see the award passed on,

Take care.
Yvonne.

Natasha said...

Now if that is not a busy and productive week....

All the best.

Tara McClendon said...

What a fun award. Thanks for thinking of me. Been a crazy week here, and I'm only dealing with one thing. Have fun helping the kiddos. (You should see if Dirk will do a vlog with you--then we could all hear the lovely accent!)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the award. I'm traveling this weekend, too.

Nancy J. Parra said...

What a fun award! Thanks for thinking of me. (I'm honored.) I hope you have a great time this weekend. Don't work too hard.

(((hugs)))

Creepy Query Girl said...

Thanks Dianne! Have a great time!

Dawn Ius said...

Have an awesome trip.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Congratulations on the award and have fun. :) Sounds like you've got a lot going on!

Laura S. said...

Have fun, Diane!!! And congrats on your award!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks everyone! On the road now...

TerryLynnJohnson said...

have fun - your classes sound great!

Unknown said...

Have a great weekend and congrats on the award.
CD

DL Hammons said...

Have fun and enjoy your speech!! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time :-)

~Ron

Arlee Bird said...

Have a great time with the festival and all. Enjoyed your guest spot with Stephen Tremp.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Simon Hay said...

Have fun! Congratulations on the award. I checked out the guest spot with Stephen Tremp. Good stuff. I'm speaking at an expo in NY state in a week. New business cards, check! Happy travels.

Donna McDine said...

Have a wonderful time! Isn't it amazing how everything tends to happen at once. Enjoyed your workshop at the Muse! Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having a great time this week. Looking forward to my weekend fix of the Sundat Funnies.

Stephen Tremp

Allyn Evans said...

Enjoy!! :)

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Have fun at the festival. I look forward to hearing all about it.

Also, congratulations on your award!

Jai Joshi said...

Have a brilliant time at Book 'Em, Diane. I know you'll love it!

Jai

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks, everyone! It was an awesome weekend.