This post is outside the norm.
J. Kaye and Arlee Bird gave me the Versatile Blogger award last week and I still need to share seven things about myself.
I’m going out on a limb with this one.
Everyone’s so positive when blogging, presenting themselves in the best possible light. After reading so many posts lately on writing, publishing, promoting, etc., everyone appears to be an expert, too! Everyone’s got great aspirations or just landed a big contract or they’ve a thousand followers…
So Spunky’s just gonna be real.
1. I can’t keep up with the online stuff. It feels as if my life revolves around access to the internet, and I still can’t keep up. I feel bad I can’t visit all the bloggers who follow me…
2. I’ve lost the drive to write, which is not good, as I’ve a deadline looming. But my current project, while a good career move, doesn’t excite me and the research is overwhelming. I feel as if I’ve taken on something that is way over my head.
3. My speaking gigs are steady but not growing. I’ve not done what I need to do in that area.
4. Despite a fantastic day at Quarter Moon Books last Friday, I’m bummed about book sales. Book V was the best reviewed and the best thing I’ve ever written, and yet… Meh. Probably won’t write another fiction piece again.
5. I hardly take photos anymore and I’ve turned down several wedding and portrait gigs this year. Not inspired there, either. My Deviant Art friends probably think I’ve died.
6. And just so you don’t think Spunky’s totally in the dumps, everything else in life is going well - still happily married, finances great, we’re healthy, etc.
7. I just need to find time to energize and reinvent myself. But what to let go… and would anyone even notice?