Friday, March 26, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different...

KEEPER: Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, 'ere the other side he see.
LAUNCELOT: Ask me the questions, bridge-keeper. I'm not afraid.
KEEPER: What is your name?
LAUNCELOT: My name is Sir Launcelot of Camelot.
KEEPER: What is your quest?
LAUNCELOT: To seek the Holy Grail.
KEEPER: What is your favorite color?
LAUNCELOT: Blue.
KEEPER: Right. Off you go.

 
* BOOK NEWS *

Thanks to all who comment on my guest post at Straight From Hel yesterday!

Today I am visiting Steph the Bookworm for an interview!


A writer community with workshops and more - Savvy Authors

Tom Gillispie recommends a great Yahoo group for editors - Writers in Business

Preparing a book business plan from Gail Martin - Feathered Quill

Ten good reasons to be a ghostwriter - Blood Red Pencil

Elizabeth gives tips for skittish sellers - Mystery Writing is Murder

Yesterday was Happy Tolkien Reading Day! CNN

Carol Denbow tipped me off to Saturday, May 15 - it's Promo Day

And this was a surprise treat from an author who came to see me last weekend at my book signing - Dog and Cat Resuce Stories



* CAPTION WINNER *

From "The Sunday Sillies" - this week's winner:

Helen Ginger! And she even used LOL Speak...

“Iz shoulda never volunteered to do foster care without specifying kitties.”



* PHOTO OF THE DAY *

12 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Thanks for the links and the plug...and the beautiful photo of the week!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Great Monty quote. Thanks for the links.

laughingwolf said...

got me larfing here ;) lol

thx for the links, too :)

Mason Canyon said...

Beautiful photo to remind us to soar with our dreams. Have a great Friday.

Creative Chronicler said...

Great links!

Marvin D Wilson said...

Absolutely LOVE that photo of the day. And LOL, very clever caption!

The Old Silly

Jemi Fraser said...

Love the photo! Thanks for the links :)

Helen said...

Woo-woo! I won! I am excited to have my caption chosen. I love your kitties.

And that soaring bird is spectacular. Is that another of your photos?

Helen
Straight From Hel

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Glad everyone likes the seagull!
Yes, Helen, it's an old photo, taken about 20 years ago. I really need to scan the 8x10 again and improve the quality...
And since I used to be a foster parent, your comment was an instant winner, Helen!

Anonymous said...

Bridgekeeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that.
[he is thrown over]

Guess you have to see it in the movie.

Stephen Tremp

L. Diane Wolfe said...

And see the movie a hundred times I have, Stephen!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hey Diane you have an award at my blog today!