Friday, February 09, 2007

Snow In New York

*Guest blogger today

"According to the news, areas of New York have receieved as much as six feet of snow, with more on the way.
"Six feet! I can hardly imagine six inches. Snow simply doesn't happen in Florida and I did not see it often in South Carolina.
"A few inches would completely shut down Greenville. But all of the pictures I've seen show people out in the snow, still trying to get around. I know they have snowplows and are more prepared, but it never ceases to amaze me. I could never live up north!
"My only regret is my boys have yet to experience snow. Anthony watches Christmas specials and asks about the white stuff covering the ground. The closest thing he can relate it to is wet sand. That's something Florida beaches have in plenty!
"Maybe we'll just build a sandman next time we're at the beach ..."

- Maria Sheppard, from Orlando, FL

No comments: