Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New Signing Opportunity & Review

This Saturday will be my first visit to the city of Danville, Virginia. I have several very devoted fans in that area and had never before been to the B. Daltons. So I am looking forward to my last signing for Book III!

A recent criticism of Book III from a reviewer stated that having James control the money in his family was so out of date and made him look like a caveman! This reviewer seemed offended that James would expect his wife to obey him in the area of finances.
This boggles my mind! Out of date? In our household, my husband handles the money, too. God placed a charge on the man to protect and provide for his family, and we believe that includes taking the stress of managing the finances off the wife as well. I know many people who run their households in this manner and do not see it as old-fashioned! I like not having the added burden of paying the bills and balancing the checkbook, thank you very much!
This will not deter my determination to stick to my values and principals and I make no apologies for my character's actions!
My husband had a theory that this reviewer was a recent & bitter divorcee! So sad for her.
Just wait until she reads Book IV, which heavily emphasizes Christian values and principals - it'll make her crazy!

6 comments:

Jocelyn Andersen said...

Hi Diane,

This is my first visit to your blog. It's great. I'm trying to catch up though. Who is publishing your latest book?

Jocelyn

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hello, Jocelyn!
Thanks - if you've been browsing, then you see I am attempting to find my niche with this blog.
I have stayed with AuthorHouse for the fourth as well. They just do the set-up and send to the printer - I do all the editing, graphics, layout, marketing, etc., myself. I am considering starting my own publishing company, although it is a terrifying thought! I do have an agent shopping my series around to the big publishers, although I would be happier with a smaller one and certainly don't want to lose rights to my series. This is my passion and my mission!!
Hope you got to see my book website, too.
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Jocelyn Andersen said...

Starting your own publishing company is actually not as difficult as you might think. I know because I just did it.

It's a little a bit of work, but not really complicated.

Here is the link to my plunge into publishing. There might be a few things there you find helpful. Please let me know, I'd love some feedback if there is.
http://journalingthejourney.blogspot.com

Jocelyn Andersen said...

I just visited your web-site. It's great! I can see I'll be spending a little bit of time there. You've got lots of interesting stuff going on!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks - I will be spending a lot of time at your blog, too! Tried to leave a comment there, but it wouldn't allow me to do so. Let me know about the press release service you select. I'm currently using PRWeb and have been very pleased with the results so far, but always willing to look at new opportunities!

Jocelyn Andersen said...

So that's why I haven't been getting any comments! I'll have to change my settings.