Monday, August 16, 2021

Looking for a Little Magic

Dancing Lemur Press’ next big release is My Magic Summer on February 1, 2022. It’s a delightful YA contemporary fantasy with a fantastic voice.

We are seeking virtual tour stops for author Brian Carmody, either guest posts or interviews. We also have a few review copies to give out, including print.

Here is information on Brian:

Brian is an award-winning screenwriter and novelist with a B.A. in Creative Writing & Lit Studies and an MFA in Screenwriting. He’s worked in the movie industry in many capacities, including Warner Brothers intern and Jean-Claude Van Damme bodyguard. Numerous short films he’s written and directed have been featured in film festivals from San Diego Comic Con to Rio to Lagos. Website

Some of his speaking topics:

Dreams, Consciousness, and Time Travel
Superheroes as Modern Myth
Getting a Headstart on Life: What I Learned Going to College at 16
Moondreams: Magical Realism and the Power of Romantic Nostalgia
The Teleontological Argument: God, Sentience, and the Concept of Design

And the book information:


My Magic Summer
With the Moon Maidens
By Brian Carmody
Print 9781939844804 $17.95
EBook 9781939844811 $4.99
Young Adult – Contemporary Fantasy/Coming of Age/Boys & Men
252 pages

Who are these moon maidens?

Summer of ’94 and Connor Whelan is excited to spend the last three months before his senior year with his uncle in Texas. Aware this trip is due to his mom’s cancer treatments, he still hopes this will be a season of magic.

He gets his wish when he encounters three magical women one night. Claiming to be from the moon itself, bewitching Iluna, flighty Eiru, and motherly Cassiopeia are about to make Connor’s last summer of childhood one to remember.

However, his interest in local girl Laura puts him in hot water with her tough boyfriend. His fascination with Iluna also confuses him. Will the moon maidens’ lessons about joy, wonder, and hope get him through this crazy summer?

Links: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / iTunes / Kobo / Scribed / Goodreads


Let me know if you can help with either the tour or a review.

14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Be happy to host Brian next year.

nashvillecats2 said...

Sounds great hope it will be a success.

Yvonne.

Natalie Aguirre said...

This sounds like a great YA fantasy. I love that it's contemporary. I'd be glad to mention his book in my Follower News. I can't offer him a stop because my February schedule is already booked. Sorry about that. But I'm glad to help how I can.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks, Alex.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you, Natalie. I'll be sure you get all of the information early next January.

Liz A. said...

Looks like an interesting book.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Diane - he sounds like he's had an interesting career ... so I imagine his book will give some twists and turns. Good luck to him and to you for your promotion by Dancing Lemur Press ... his talks would be fascinating to hear. Cheers - Hilary

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations to Brian, and to you/Lemur Press, Diane.

cleemckenzie said...

Sounds like fun! Congrats on the new book.

Sandra Cox said...

I can help with either or both.
Sounds like a fun read. The cover is great.
Did you catch any of the weather?

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Fortunately, no! Scary how much flooding and landslides hit your side of the state. Although we will be getting feeder bands from the storm off the coast today.

I will email you about My Magic Summer.

H. R. Sinclair said...

Congrats! I'd be happy to host!

Fundy Blue said...

I'd be happy to host Brian on his tour.

J.H. Moncrieff said...

Fantastic cover! I'm late to the party, but I hope the book does well.