Wednesday, December 02, 2020

The Insecure Writer’s Support Group, #IWSGPit, IWSG Book Club, TSO Event, and Free Books


It’s time for another edition of The Insecure Writer’s Support Group, founded by Ninja Captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh.


Today’s optional question - Are there months or times of the year that you are more productive with your writing than other months, and why?

I’m more productive during down time, like around holidays and such when I’m not working on something for Dancing Lemur Press. But otherwise, seasons and months don’t matter.



IWSG BOOK CLUB ON GOODREADS:

Our book club is changing things up!
We will have quarterly book selections now, giving us more time to read. We will also have one fiction book selection and one writing craft book selection. Members can read both or choose between them. Finally, we won’t be offering 5 optional discussion questions anymore. Instead, we will be utilizing the polls that our members enjoy, so there will be one poll question for the fiction book and one for the non-fiction book on Discussion Day.
Our December/January/February reads are…
Ghost Light by Joseph O'Connor, a book written in second person. Since many readers haven’t read a book in second person, and many writers haven’t written in second person, we figured this is a great chance to explore something new.
Preparing to Write Settings that Feel Like Characters by J Lenni Dorner. This will be our writing craft book, with a focus on settings.
Discussion Day for both books will be February 24, 2021!
JOIN US!
IWSG Book Club


The next #IWSGPit Twitter pitch party is January 20, 2021.


Get all the details at the IWSG site.

Dancing Lemur Press has signed several authors from #IWSGPit. You could be next.



Don’t forget the holiday special of free books from Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.


Buy 1 print book, get 1 print book free
Buy 1 eBook, get 1 eBook free
Buy 1 audio book, get 1 audio book free

Print & eBooks – must be purchased directly from Dancing Lemur Press’ website; free book must be same price or lower; when paying, note your desired free book in the comments section; free swag provided with print orders

Audio books – purchase from Audible, iTunes, or Amazon and send us your receipt stating your desired free audio book and we will send you a code for a free audio book; free audio book must be same price or lower
Inquiries AT dancinglemurpressllc DOTcom

Offer good through December 10, 2020

Visit Dancing Lemur Press and explore our titles.




Trans Siberian Orchestra is not touring, and it will be the first time in 17 years that we haven’t gone to their show. BUT - they are doing a Livestream show that you can watch at home on December 18.

If you’ve never seen them, this is a great opportunity. You won’t get snowed on, but you will experience a show unlike anything you’ve ever seen. 
Get your ticket HERE



When is your best writing time?
Are you participating in #IWSGPit next month?

45 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Sorry about Trans Siberian Orchestra, but good to hear they're live streaming!

I'd say I'm slightly more productive during NaNo because I feed off the other writers' excitement, but I'm productive at the same pace all year for the most part.

nashvillecats2 said...

A good post to read but also am sorry about the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Do take care Diane and hopefuly have a good December.

Yvonne.

Liza said...

Thank you for hosting IWSG. Wishing you a good month and happy holidays.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Diane - I remember your love of the Trans Siberian Orchestra - so many are missing out on traditions this year, so feel for you. All the best - things come and go when I write anything! Stay safe - Hilary

Jemi Fraser said...

One of my students gave me a TSO CD one year - such beautiful music!

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi Diane, I have some very productive months and some very slow months. Trying to find my balance by writing a little everyday.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool you will still be able to see them this year.

Gwen Gardner said...

That's sad you have to miss the concert in person. Hopefully next year will be better for us all.
Both book club choices look great--I will have to go look them up.

Nick Wilford said...

That's cool you can write all year round. Thanks for the sale!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Changes are good. Keeps us on our toes. Thanks for all you do, Diane.

Chrys Fey said...

Thanks for adding the Book Club info!

It's awesome they are doing a livestream. If they can tour next year, maybe it'll be better than ever.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

I think I'" read those book club books. Sound interesting.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I can see how it would be hard to have much writing time when you're working on your publishing company work, which does so much good for other writers. Glad you have some downtime when you can focus more on your own writing.

Erika Beebe said...

Thank you for the TSO information! I’ve never been able to see them but I will this year. Writing and editing never stops :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

I hope you have some great down time this year, Diane! Merry Christmas early!

cleemckenzie said...

TSO is fabulous! Here's to a wonderful Christmas and may 2021 be generous with kindness, good health, and lots of love to you and those you love

emaginette said...

I'll have to check out the stream. Thanks for the tip. :-)

Anna from elements of emaginette

Carol Kilgore said...

You'll be easy to find on the 18th! Enjoy :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You need to get all of them. That's all we listen to on Christmas Day.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm sure it will - they'll have had plenty of time to think of new set designs.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Erika, it's so worth $30! The seats we get are usually $90 each.

Chemist Ken said...

Now that you mention it, my best time for writing comes near the end of school semesters, when finals are over. I tutor chemistry online and that's when I have plenty of time to write.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I'm impressed by groups that have the fortitude to perform remotely. Enjoy the concert in the warmth and comfort of your home, Diane.
Merry, merry.

Olga Godim said...

Most performers transferred their shows online these days because of the pandemic. My sister, who is a songwriter and often had her personal concerts before this year, now conducts those concerts online. She calls them: "Concerts in house slippers."

L. Diane Wolfe said...

*GRIN*

Sarah Foster said...

I find seasons and months don't really make a difference with my writing, either. I write whenever the inspiration strikes!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I bet DLP keeps you super busy! :)

Fundy Blue said...

You are an inspiration, Diane! Happy Holidays to you!

Liz A. said...

So much live music didn't happen this year. Glad they're livestreaming.

Pat Hatt said...

Seasons and months not mattering is the way to be.

kimlajevardi.com said...

I bet Trans Siberian Orchestra is amazing live.

Anonymous said...

You are, without doubt, one of the most productive people in the business. Both inspiring, and exhaust-inducing just considering all that you accomplish!

J Lenni Dorner said...

Crazy that yet another band can't go on tour because the pandemic still isn't under control. Glad it'll be streaming online though.

Anonymous said...

I love the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Just reading their name makes me hear them in my head. Thank you for letting us know they're live-streaming. I just set up a reminder!

Warmly,
Elsie

Elizabeth Mueller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Mueller said...

^if only there was an edit option. Sorry for the deletion! hehe

Ooh, a livestream show? Nice! I love Trans Siberian Orchestra.

The Ghost Light is in 2nd person? Oh, wow! That is fascinating.
Merry Christmas, Diane!

H. R. Sinclair said...

I tend to write more in the fall and winter. I pitched too early in the past. Maybe it will be really ready by January. :-)

Happy Holidays!

Toi Thomas said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you'll still get to see TSO via livestream. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Melissa said...

The book club sounds interesting. Wish I had more time for stuff like that.

Diane Burton said...

I love Trans Siberian Orchestra. Thanks for the link.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I've wanted to make a Trans Siberian show for ages, but they've always been sold out here when I tried. Maybe online will be easier!

Tamara Narayan said...

A livestream show?! What a wonderful idea. I'll have to check that out. Their Carol of the Bells is my family's favorite Christmas Carol ever.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks for the heads up on Trans Siberian. I would love to see them. Sorry you won't get to see them live this year. Hopefully next year.

Sandra Cox said...

Both book club picks sound like good ones.
Take care, Di.

J.H. Moncrieff said...

I missed the concert, but I hope it was wonderful. My favorite local group has an annual Christmas concert too, and last year they put together something special for us so we could still get into the spirit. So nice!

Happy New Year, Diane!