Monday, January 29, 2018

CassaStar Special and Next Release

Today through February 10, 2018 - just .99 cents:

CassaStar
By Alex J Cavanaugh

To pilot the fleet’s finest ship…

Few options remain for Byron. A talented but stubborn young man with a troubled past and rebellious attitude, his cockpit skills are his only hope. Slated to train as a Cosbolt fighter pilot, Byron is determined to prove his worth and begin a new life as he sets off for the moon base of Guaard.

Much to Byron’s chagrin the toughest instructor in the fleet takes notice of the young pilot. Haunted by a past tragedy, Bassa eventually sees through Byron's tough exterior and insolence. When a secret talent is revealed during training, Bassa feels compelled to help Byron achieve his full potential.

As war brews on the edge of space, time is running short. Byron requires a navigator of exceptional quality to survive, and Bassa must make a decision that could well decide the fate of both men. Will their skills be enough as they embark on a mission that may stretch their abilities to the limit?

Science fiction/adventure (FIC028010) and science fiction/space opera (FIC028030) - eBook ISBN 978-0-9827139-3-8

“…calls to mind the youthful focus of Robert Heinlein’s early military sf, as well as the excitement of space opera epitomized by the many Star Wars novels. Fast-paced military action and a youthful protagonist make this a good choice for both young adult and adult fans of space wars.” - Library Journal

EBook available at Amazon / B&N / Kobo / Kobo / Amazon UK


Upcoming release:

Corners
by Corrina Austin

Everyone needs their own special corner...

“Austin’s message of true friendship and selflessness will resonate...strong addition to the realistic fiction genre.” - Library Journal

Release date - March 6, 2018
$10.95 USA, 6x9 Trade paperback, 136 pages
Juvenile Fiction - Boys & Men (JUV005000) / Fiction - Coming of Age (FIC043000)
Print ISBN 9781939844392 eBook ISBN 9781939844408
$3.99 EBook available in all formats


Ready to take a chance on a .99 book?
Do you have your own special corner?

It may be a day or two before I can return visits. I really hurt my back this weekend and need to focus what I can on DLP first.  My back can only handle a chair so long.

27 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Nice Library Journal review for 'Corners!'

Hope you have a great week!

nashvillecats2 said...

Enjoyed your Cassa Star special Diane, I have a few of Alex's books and I really enjoyed them.

Have a good week.

Yvonne.

Unknown said...

Love the covers on CassaStar and Corners. My husband loves Sci-Fi. I'll have to tell him about the series.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome Library Journal review for Corinna. Fantastic for her! Looking forward to hosting her in April.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Excited about the promotion for CassaStar!

Christine Rains said...

Yay for CassaStar! And love that cover for Corners. So cute!

The Cynical Sailor said...

Sorry about your back :-( Congrats to Corrina on her upcoming release and yay for the sale on CassaStar. It's a great book.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Elizabeth and Natalie, we were thrilled with that Library Journal review.

Andrea, please do.

Ellen, trying to take it easy so I'll heal faster.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I've always had my own special corner, at least one.
Yay for Corrina and Alex.
Have a great week, Spunk.

Chrys Fey said...

Great special!

And Corners was a delightful story. :)

Karen Lange said...

Ninety nine cents is a great deal! Wishing Alex and Corrina much success with their books. :)

Pat Hatt said...

Great special indeed. Can't say I have a special corner haha Hopefully your back gets better soon. Back pain sucks a ton.

Jemi Fraser said...

Take care of yourself!!!
LOVED all the Cassa stories :)
Corners sounds intriguing too!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Sorry to hear about the back. Glad to see a book for young male readers. There's not enough of those.

klahanie said...

Hi human, Diane,

Such pawesome news in regards to Alex's book. And just like you've done, I shall share the news.

I'll stay tuned for that upcoming release by Corrina. Consider all of this stuff shared through those social "notworking" sites.

I have a special corner where I snuggle up on a pillow.

Pawsitive wishes,

Penny! 🐶

H. R. Sinclair said...

I have CassaStar already, but the new release looks good. So sorry to hear about your back. That makes it hard to do anything-sit, stand, lay down--they all hurt. Sending prayers for speedy recovery.

Mason Canyon said...

Congrats on the special promo for CassaStar (great story) and on the upcoming new release. Take care of yourself. Sending thoughts and prayers of healing and quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your back. I hope and pray for a speedy recovery. I have back problems too and when it flares up, ugh! Take care of you, we'll be here when you're feeling better.


Elsie

Tyrean Martinson said...

I hope your back feels better soon. I've got another bug - before I was caring for sick family members, but now I've got something.
Happy Book Birthday to Corners!

Sherry Ellis said...

I've enjoyed all of Alex's books. I've shared the word about the special. I hope it results in more sales! Looking forward to Corners.

Loni Townsend said...

Yay for sales, and I hope Corners kicks off with a blast!

Erika Beebe said...

What a great promotion! I will spread the word around to my family about Cassa Star. Corners looks really fun!
I hope your back feels better soon :)

dolorah said...

Ha; that frog is definitely an eye-catcher, lol.

Nas said...

I like the covers and the story line looks interesting!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Diane - great you're promoting Alex's book - they are such a great read. While Corners looks interesting - and now look after that back - all the best - cheers Hilary

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Hope your back is better. Nice you are promoting Alex's book.

Misha Gerrick said...

Already read CassaStar. :-D

All the best with your new release.