Wednesday, May 01, 2013

The Insecure Writer's Support Group and Get Healthy Blogfest

It’s time for another edition of The Insecure Writer’s Support Group, hosted by Ninja Captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh.

The A to Z Challenge is over and I’d like to thank everyone who stopped by last month. My theme was publishing and promoting tips based on my latest book, How to Publish and Promote Your Book Now!

$14.95 Trade paperback ISBN 978-0-9827139-5-2
$4.99 Ebook ISBN 978-0-9827139-9-0

Purchase at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Kindle UK, and Powell’s.

Through those 26 posts, I hope you found something that helped with your author journey.

Sunday our pastor talked about that big goal and dream that God placed on our hearts and told us “Go do.” And I thought back to what started me on my journey over 10 years ago:

To inspire others to achieve their dream.

I’ve done that over the years with my inspirational YA/NA series and two non-fiction books. I’ve done that as a motivational speaker and through my seminars. Sometimes I’ve lost sight of that, but I want to continue to inspire others to pursue their dreams and achieve their goals. The greatest joy is watching the spark return to someone’s eye when it hit - “Yes, I can.”

For me, it’s time to reinvent who I am, what I do as both speaker and author, and continue forth in Faith.

*Friday the Reflections List will open for those who participated in the A to Z Challenge and I will have it posted here.

Get Healthy Bloghop

Stephen Tremp, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Michael Di Gesu, and myself have teamed up for a Blog Hop that focuses on health. This is an issue with many bloggers who have expressed gaining weight over the holidays and other negative health issues that they are dealing with.

As writers, parents, lovers of a significant other, employees, and volunteers, we find ourselves overwhelmed with daily battles from this, that, and the other thing. And regardless of how fit we were at one time, time has caught up and overwhelmed many of us in the area of health.

Here is a Blog Hop that can help us make 2013 a year that we can help turn the tides!

The Objective: Share with everyone something you have done that affected your health in a positive way. You can share an awesome low cal low fat tasty recipe. Post simple tips to lose weight. Or a testimony on what has helped like joining Weight Watchers. Recommend a routine like P90X or Insanity. Or stretches one can do while sitting in their office chair working or writing. I'm sure people have countless great tips and ideas they would love to share.

Sign up below and join us on May 29:



37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the tips you have given writers, now you're going to make sure we're all healthy to keep on writing.....lol

Yvonne.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

You do inspire!

Sounds like a great blogfest, Diane. Love the idea of having some support in getting/staying healthy.

Sandy said...

Good luck with your new round of blog hops etc. Trying to visit some of the folks who visited more then once this am.
Flat Stanley

Nicki Elson said...

This is a great idea for a hop!

I like that you can look back and feel proud of what you've accomplished while still looking forward in the search for new ways to make an even bigger impact.

Stina said...

I'm all signed up!

Yay, you survived the challenge, Diane. I enjoyed your theme. :D

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you, Elizabeth.

Nicki, I want to do even more.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you for the tips, and the can-do attitude, and the great inspiration you spread around the blog-sphere. I really appreciate your answer to the call of Go and Do!
And I'm signed up for the fest!

Julie Musil said...

"Go do." So simple, yet so meaningful. Thanks for all you do for other writers!

shelly said...

Loved you 'how to' book. Still need to implement more steps. And signed up for the blog hop.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think you're inspiring!

Hart Johnson said...

D'oh! Thank you so much for the reminder it was first wednesday!!! And that looks like a great blogfest, too.

Steven said...

Keep inspiring others and yourself! The world needs more positive thought.

Mark Means said...

You sounds like a very inspiring person, to me :)

Looking forward to the blog hop as this is a subject I've been researching for a while now...it should be fun!

Stephen Tremp said...

These are great tips and I'll refer back to them as well as your book. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Al Diaz said...

I think you've done an excellent job inspiring people, Diane! Your theme during the challenge rocked.
What a nice idea of a bloghop. I'm in of course.

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

Thanks for always helping people to reach for their dreams. It's what I've always believed. Perseverance is the key to success.

Johanna Garth said...

I love reading all your tips, be they for marketing or keeping healthy :)

Unknown said...

I have found you very inspiring. God is certainly using you.

M Pax said...

Settting off sparks for others is a great thing to do. Thanks for all your wisdom, Diane. :)

Nick Wilford said...

Your posts were a feast of great tips! Thanks for sharing them all, you did a great job. :)

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

Mark, I've nominated you for an award. Please stop by my blog, www.dhdunne.blogspot.com to find out more.

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

Diane, I've nominated you for an award. Please visit my blog, www.dhdunne.blogspot.com to find out more.

Gwen Gardner said...

I enjoyed your theme, Diane. You had lots of inspiration for me :)

I really need to sign up for this blog hop - we'll see, I have a lot going on in May.

Unknown said...

I think you have done a wonderful job encouraging writers with their muse. I also think this is a great idea for a blogfest.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Joined the hop. My calendar is nearly full for May. I love my blogging buddies.

Arlee Bird said...

I like what you're doing with your goals and motivation. And I appreciate your indispensable help as a member of the A to Z Team. Great job!

I signed up for the Healthy thing. I figured I could use it incorporated into my "Ask Arlee" series. Yes, I'm doing another blogfest when I said I was going to stop for a while.

Hah!

Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you, everyone.

Michael Di Gesu said...

You are truly a terrific motivator, L.Diane.

Thanks for all your amazing tips during the A-Z...

So looking forward to a healthier blogosphere. With all our help and focus, we will help our fellow writers become and remain fit so they may be able to write even better.

LD Masterson said...

The Get Healthy bloghop is a great idea. Unfortunately, I'll be off line the last week of May (on a cruise, probably being very unhealthy), but I look forward to checking out some of the posts when I get back.

Sherry Ellis said...

Thank you for all the tips you have shared. I'm sure they will help all of us who are writers!

Anonymous said...

I just downloaded your book. :)

Golden Eagle said...

Your posts included some very useful tips and advice!

The bloghop sounds like a lot of fun.

Tara Tyler said...

your tips and book are wonderful! so glad to have your resources!
and i need to get in shape, im in, looking forward to advice to get motivated!

Anonymous said...

All signed up and ready to go. Looking forward to it. On a side note, when I took the dog for a walk today, we drove to a nearby park. This cute little ground squirrel came up and I think it wanted to be friends with the dog. The little critter followed us quite a way down the path before turning around and going back to his hole. It was the cutest thing. Just thought I'd share.

Jai Joshi said...

I haven't made an addition to my brain health series in a while so I'll see if I can sort out a post.

Jai

Shah Wharton said...

Hello - love all you do for other writers/bloggers!

I'm signed up and I have already wrote/scheduled my post for the healthy blog hop meme. Yey!

I'm also doing two others today (inc. IWSG), so it would be great to see you there.

Shah X

http://shahwhahrton.com

Anonymous said...

I missed your blog in the A to Z, but I am on the A to Z Road Trip to read more of the A to Zs.
What a good idea to do a health tips blog hop! Thanks for sharing the idea.