Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blogging From A to Z April Challenge Sign Ups Are Open!

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE SIGNING UP!!!

The A to Z Challenge is blogging the letters of the alphabet six days a week in the month of April. It’s a great way to meet new bloggers.

Start with A on April 1st
Then B on April 2nd

We post Monday thru Saturday. Sundays are a no-blog/letter day.

You can go freestyle or pick a theme, but the topic of your post must reflect the letter of the day.

Visit 5 blogs a day (or more) starting with the blog after yours on the list.

Short posts are essential!

Be sure to grab the badge above and link to the A to Z Blog or any of the hosts:
Arlee Bird at Tossing It Out
Damyanti Biswas at Amlokiblogs
Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh
Tina Downey at Life is Good
DL Hammons at Cruising Altitude 2.0
Jeremy Hawkins at Retro-Zombie
Shannon Lawrence at The Warrior Muse
Matthew MacNish at The QQQE
Konstanz Silverbow at No Thought 2 Small
Stephen Tremp at Breakthrough Blogs
Livia Peterson at Leave it to Livia
L. Diane Wolfe at Spunk on a Stick
Nicole at The Madlab Post

This year, we are introducing categories. Please choose ONE that best describes your blog and understand this cannot be changed. This is entirely Optional, other than for blogs with Adult Content, which will be taken off the list unless marked (AC)

1. WRITING : (WR)
2. BOOKS: (BO)
3. FILM : (FM)
4. PHOTOGRAPHY: (PH)
5. GARDENING: (GR)
6. CRAFT: (CR)
7. ART: (AR)
8. MUSIC: (MU)
9. CULINARY: (CU)
10. LIFESTYLE: (LI )
11. FASHION: (FA)
12. PERSONAL: (PR)
13. SOCIAL MEDIA: (SO)
14. GAMING: (GA)
15. EDUCATION : (ED)
16. POLITICS: (PO)
17. HISTORY: (HI)
18. SCIENCE: (SC)
19. HUMOR: (HU)
20. TRAVEL: (TR)
21. MISCELLANEOUS: (MI)
22. ADULT CONTENT: (AC)

Ready to blog the letters of the alphabet in April? Then sign up now!


23 comments:

J.L. Campbell said...

Blogger ate my last comment....grrr...
Looking forward to this year even though I said I couldn't.

Karen Baldwin said...

...still contemplating

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I have one blog signed up and ready to go, I might sign up so others.

Tim
The Other Side

Stina said...

Holy cow, a lot of people have signed up all ready.

Love the idea about the categories. Very smart idea.

I had to cut back from blogging three days a week because I easily spend 3-4 hours a day for each post. There is no way I could keep this up six days a week and still get to write. But I do enjoy checking out my friend's posts.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Looking forward to this! jean

randi lee said...

I love reading the A to Z challenges. I don't have time to do it this year due to some deadlines at work, but I'll def. try to read as many challenges as I can!

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I feel about categories. On the plus side, you can pick what you like. On the minus, you might miss out on some really great blogs, because you stick with what you know and like. Looking forward to the Challenge this year - had such a great time last year!

Kittie Howard said...

Really enjoyed last year but don't know about this year. We'll see. We'll see.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I'm signed up and ready to go! Thanks for co-hosting!

LD Masterson said...

Running into the A-Z sign ups everywhere this morning. Too much for me but I'll enjoy reading what I can.

Laura Eno said...

All signed up! Thanks for being a co-host. :)

Karen Lange said...

Wow, it is almost that time again, isn't it? So far 2013 is flying by!

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Great tips for blogging in general...short is always good. And I like the idea of categories for A-Z.

kjmckendry said...

I'm signed up! Can't believe there's already 326! WOW!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hi everyone! I'm sorry, I have been out ALL day.

Stina, I doubt I will write anything in April.

M.J., I guess people wanted the categories.

Anonymous said...

Signed up in the middle of last night as I couldn't sleep. was surprised to see the list already up and running.

Yvonne.

M Pax said...

I decided earlier this week to take the plunge and do AtoZ again. I even loaded up A-J so far. But now my lull is over... editing is screaming at me.

DL Hammons said...

Look at that list grow!! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I can't believe how long the list is already. WoW!!!

Tina said...

Nicely done intro, Diane. I'm so glad you joined us in hosting and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better as we work together!

Tina @ Life is Good
Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge
@TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

Arlee Bird said...

We're so fortunate to have you as part of the A to Z Team this year. This was a great kick-off post!

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Unknown said...

Just signed up! This will be my first year participating, and I'm excited!

Unknown said...

Signed up for the first time... and just started writing:D Looking forward the some great diverse reads!! What a community!

- Erick
A Brief Sinfonia