In true Hammy fashion, I think I’ve taken on too much! But I will do my best.
Today I have the “Pimping Your Blog” feature over at Gossip Girl’s site. She talks about my first non-fiction book, Overcoming Obstacles With SPUNK!
And I signed up for TWO blogfests! What are the odds?
These are the "And You Are...?" Questions:
1. How many speeding tickets have you gotten?
Just one, despite the fact that I drive 5-25 miles over the speed limit at all times. (Warning - DO NOT get in front of me unless you plan to MOVE!)
2. Can you pitch a tent?
3. What was your worst vacation ever?
The vacation itself wasn’t bad, but one year we drove to Arkansas to visit my husband’s parents. One day of driving - 15 hours on the road. When we arrived, I was almost in tears and asked “How on earth are we going to get home?”
4. What was the last thing you bought over $100?
Do Christmas gifts count?
5. We're handing you the keys to what?
A Hyundai Sante Fe Limited, fully loaded. Boo-yah, baby! Yes, that’s my real vehicle and I am still stoked to drive it.
6. What was the last meal cooked that made even you sick?
We share the duties, and once in a while my husband over-spices. Probably one he cooked then.
7. Fill in the blank: Oh my gosh! Becky, look at her butt! It is so big. She looks like two balloons are stuck in her pants.
8. What was your first car?
A Volkswagon Bus. Always threatened to turn it into a dune buggy. It did 72 mph DOWNHILL.
9. Your best friend falls and gets hurt. Do you ask if he/she's okay or laugh first?
I ask if she’s okay. I’m not that insensitive!
10. What's the worst song ever?
Achy Breaky Heart. Nails on a chalkboard.
WORD and STUFF.
Post a picture of yourself as a baby and/or post a short story about when you were a baby.
I’m going to do a little bit of both.
When I cleaned out my mom’s storage unit this past summer, I found this photo of me on my first birthday:
And I’m also posting this one of me and my father. It’s a scanned print made from a slide, so not the best of quality, but I’ve always liked it. My father died when I was eleven, and my mom told me I was the daughter he’d always wanted. So any photo with the two of us together is special.
Now to hop around to all of the blogfest participants. And if you have time, stop by Gossip Girl’s site.