Monday, August 06, 2012

Voting Now Open for the Supportive Blogger Extraordinaire Contest!

Supportive Blogger Extraordinaire Contest Rules:

1 - July 27 - August 5 - Nominations selected from those leaving the most compelling comment - why does the blogger you are nominating deserve to win? What has that person done? What is that person’s character?

4 - I have selected the three most compelling comments for three separate bloggers. (And you guys made this very hard to do!)

5 - Voting opens today and runs through August 11.

6 - Winner announced August 13.

7 - Prizes!

The three people who made the most compelling argument receive a $10 Amazon gift card and that person’s choice of free ebook from my titles. (The Circle of Friends series and Overcoming Obstacles with SPUNK!)

The winner of the voting round will receive a $25 Amazon gift card and that person’s choice of free ebooks of all my titles OR two print copies. In addition, the person who nominated the winner also wins that prize package.

And the three nominators and their nominees are…

Michael Di Gesu
“Roland Yeomans is indeed very special. He is the heart and soul of our community. NO One else has giving more incredible advice on the dos and don'ts of writing, how to market, how to do EVERYTHING that has to do with writing. Not to mention he, himself has published over a dozen book this year alone! He is beyond kind and I admire his sensitive style of writing.”

M. Pax
“I'm going to officially nominate Misha Gericke. Not only is she supportive to other writers on her great blog, she's always incredibly busy, yet always has time to crit my WIPs. Even when she's unpacking and I'm under deadline. She's come to an critical part of my team. Plus, she looks so lovely in her photo. How can we not vote for that?”

Now for the 800-pound gorilla in the room! This one was the most difficult, as some of the best nominations were all for one person. These made me smile:
Mel Chesley: I am going to go with Alex J. Cavanaugh. Simply because he was one of the first to follow me, has been a loyal follower even through hiatuses and the like. He always, ALWAYS comments on posts, even if it is just a little blurb saying I'll be back next week or something. He is very supportive of his fellow bloggers to the ends of the earth. He's a stand up kind of guy, one you would want to have at your back. He's never been biased, to my knowledge. He's always been fair in his support. I'll stop rambling now.”
Heather M. Gardner: “Alex the Ninja Captain! He is a Blog GOD!”
Kyra Lennon “I'd like to nominate Alex J. Cavanaugh for always staying on top of blogging events, for always offering to help others, for the Insecure Writers Support Group which has started many great blogging friendships and for basically being very, very genuine.”

But this is the I thought the most compelling:

DL Hammons: “Alex J. Cavanaugh! He is omnipresent and supportive of everybody and everything! I can't even think of a close second!”

Congratulations Michael, M. Pax, and DL - you each win a $10 Amazon Gift Card.

Now to the voting! The nominees for Supportive Blogger Extraordinaire are…

1 - Roland Yeomans at Writing in the Crosshairs
Writing tips from the ghosts of the literary masters.
“Roland Yeomans is indeed very special. He is the heart and soul of our community. NO One else has giving more incredible advice on the dos and don'ts of writing, how to market, how to do EVERYTHING that has to do with writing. Not to mention he, himself has published over a dozen book this year alone! He is beyond kind and I admire his sensitive style of writing.”

2 - Misha Gericke at My First Book
Offers writing tips and a guest every Friday
“I'm going to officially nominate Misha Gericke. Not only is she supportive to other writers on her great blog, she's always incredibly busy, yet always has time to crit my WIPs. Even when she's unpacking and I'm under deadline. She's come to an critical part of my team. Plus, she looks so lovely in her photo. How can we not vote for that?”

3 - Alex J. Cavanaugh
Ninja News feature, founder of the Insecure Writers Support Group, and co-host of the A to Z Challenge
“Alex J. Cavanaugh! He is omnipresent and supportive of everybody and everything! I can't even think of a close second!”

Voting now closed! Winner will be announced August 13.

36 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Excellent choices! :D I cast my vote! :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks, DL!
I voted.

Christine Rains said...

Wow, three very deserving bloggers. Good luck to all! I voted.

Arlee Bird said...

All very persuasive arguments. It's a difficult choice. Congratulations to all three of these and a big rousing thank you to the entire community of very supportive bloggers. It's all of you and your help offered in your own blog posts and the comments you leave on all of our posts that keep us blogging away.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Stina said...

What a cool idea! I did, though, have a hard time choosing. All three are great.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Nice choices! I've voted. :)

Tess Julia said...

Nice to meet you! All three are deserving bloggers, but one stands out. I put in my vote.

Unknown said...

What a great contest. These three people are definitely so deserving. They make this community the great place that it is.

Jemi Fraser said...

3 excellent choices! Loved this whole contest Diane!! :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm thrilled this is getting such a good response.

Unknown said...

How difficult to choose between these three awesome bloggers but I finally voted.

Alexandra Heep said...

I only know of one of the three, so that person got my vote ;-)

DL Hammons said...

I voted! Thank you Dianne!! :)

Carrie Butler said...

Voted! :) What a great idea!

Nicki Elson said...

Aw, all the nominees AND the nominators are wonderfully supportive people.

M Pax said...

Awesome! Thanks. We can only vote for one? That's tough ....

Nancy Thompson said...

They're all great, but my crush dictates how I vote.

Mel Chesley said...

Tough decision! Good luck to all three. They all deserve it. :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

All three are great people.

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

I'm not going to vote. They are all great. I know, a namby-pamby. But you deserve a round of applause for the support you give, that's for sure.

Best,

Carolyn Howard-Johnson
Excited about the new edition (expanded! updated! even more helpful for writers!) of The Frugal Book Promoter, now a USA Book News award-winner in its own right (www.budurl.com/FrugalBkPromo)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, L. Diane,

I am so thrilled that Roland has made the top three! I am so fond of ALL the nominees, it was tough for me to pick just one.

I wish ALL three bloggers the best because they ALL deserve the title!

Trisha said...

I too cast my vote, good luck to all 3 amazing bloggers! :)

Heather M. Gardner said...

Congrats to all three! They really are all wonderful!
Thanks for the shout-out!
Good luck, ALEX!
HMG

Michelle Wallace said...

This was so difficult...
I voted! Good luck to the three!

Talli Roland said...

All very deserving people! I voted! :)

Ciara said...

Great choices! I voted.

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha,

New follower here. Thought this was a *great* idea and I voted (for Alex) the RockStar (although Michael and M. Pax are awesome sauce, too:)

Misha Gerrick said...

Thanks for all the well wishes, and thanks again to Mary for nominating me!

Good luck to Alex and Roland. You both totally deserve to win. :-D

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hi Mark! Welcome.

Gwen Gardner said...

Wonderful recognition for all these bloggers! I voted`

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

L. Diane, you deserve an award for this grand contest. Thanks for hostessing, and I placed my vote.

There are so many wonderful people in blogland, and those three are truly exceptional.

Be well,
xoRobyn

nutschell said...

Oh my! So hard to choose as they are all super awesome bloggy friends! will have to consult my magic eight ball for support...

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Annalisa Crawford said...

Really hard choices, but I've voted!

Anonymous said...

Three well deserving people. Its hard, but I picked a winner and voted.

Unknown said...

The best part about this blog post is that I know ALL the bloggers mentioned in it! And they are all fantastic :-)
I have cast my vote!

StratPlayerCJF said...

All deserving bloggers! But I had to pick just one, and have made my vote.

Thanks for hosting the contest!