Friday, July 30, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different...

"...and here in Castle Anthrax, we have but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon. You must tie her down on a bed and spank her!"

* BOOK NEWS *

Despite being in Oregon for the better part of the week, I did find some interesting stuff!

Last chance to register for free for The Muse Online Writers Conference! Don't miss the biggest and best writers conference on the web this October!

DL Hammons is hosting a High Drama Blogfest/Giveaway AND he’s still seeking bloggers in Mississippi, Rhode Island, Tennessee & West Virginia! Visit Cruising Altitude for more details.

Shannon Whitney Messenger went to Comic Con! Check out her site for info and photos.

Alex J Cavanaugh is holding a 200 Followers contest.

Nicole’s magic writing device - the Word Box - at One Significant Moment at a Time

And yesterday I visited Patricia Stoltey with my writing life.


* LOL CATS! *

I have a guest blogger on Sunday (and another special guest on Tuesday!) so I'm doing something completely different and bringing you the Sunday Sillies a little early...

funny pictures of cats with captions

funny pictures of cats with captions

funny pictures of cats with captions

funny pictures of cats with captions

funny pictures of cats with captions

21 comments:

Susan Fields said...

I always love the Sunday Sillies - that "Awkward" one made me laugh out loud!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

These were funny. The last one had me laughing out loud. Both the cats fit the "Awkward" scene perfectly.
Smiles...

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Nothing like starting a Friday morning with a laugh and some interesting links to check out. Thanks!

Mason Canyon said...

Great links and wonderful photos. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Loved your Sunday Sillies on Friday, lovely cats as usual.

Yvonne.

Helen Ginger said...

I love your Sunday Sillies no matter which day they come on. My favorite was the Awkward one. The expressions on the cats are perfect, as is the caption.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those are great! And thanks for the mention.

Unknown said...

I love the last cat photo. It's so true. I will also check out the other links.
CD

Jemi Fraser said...

Love the cats! :)

Thanks for the links & reminders!

Anonymous said...

Yep, my favorite was the awkward one. Allyn

~Sia McKye~ said...

Love the pics. That first one, lol! It's so one of my cats when my Great Dane is in. Where is that monster? I also love the diet Burdz.

Thanks for the smile today.

Hope things are going well in Oregon with your family.

Stay spunky!

Sylvia Dickey Smith said...

Loved the cats! I'm not what you might call a cat person, but sure do appreciate my fine furry friends! These are beautiful!

Cruella Collett said...

Haha, I think Sunday Sillies on a Friday is the best thing since ice cream! I especially loved the Secret Agent and the Awkward one. LOL cats are too adorable.

And YAY for Python quotes! :)

DL Hammons said...

Thanks for the shout out Diane!! It is much appreciated.

There's nothing like a little Sunday Silly on a Friday afternoon. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the Muse Writers Conference. Missesd it last year but not this time. The awkward cats photo is great. Looking for ward to the Sunday Sillies.

Stephen Tremp

Patricia Stoltey said...

I laughed out loud at the cat funnies. Diet birdie is a hoot.

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Thank you so much for mentioning that our deadline for registering for free for the Muse Online Wriers Conference is coming up, Diane. We have such great presenters, agents, and publishers. Even pitch sessions.

I'll be doing a workshop on Tuesday. Hope to see you there. Lea and I want you all to come. We also want you NOT to have to pay the late registraion fee. You know how FRUGAL I am. LOL.

Best,
Carolyn

Laura S. said...

LOL LOL LOL!!! These kitties are some of the best I've seen! Thanks for the laughs!

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Love the kitties! Thanks for the chuckle.

Anonymous said...

I love that last one!!

Maurice Mitchell said...

LOL Cats are the best meme ever. LOL "I plead insanity..."