...a man with three buttocks.
(Hey! It IS Monty Python after all!)
First, for those of you who commented on yesterday's short story, The Kiss - I received word yesterday that Stephan Horvath passed away recently. He'd been so excited that I would feature his work in my blog and sent the short story right away. Since so many of you were moved by his words, I wanted you to know that was his last written piece...
Now on to the book news and more...
BBAW Polls are open! BBAW Vote, vote, vote!
Tony Burton tells us what to do with book trailers- Make Mine Mystery
Vivian Zabel provides some good comma advice- Brain Cells & Bubble Wrap
Blogging tips, advice, instruction, etiquette, getting started – she lists it all! The Story Siren
Lori asks the question – what makes you stop reading a book? Psychotic State
New species of giant rat discovered! CNN
Now that's a big rat!
And some box office figures that will boggle your mind!!
Highest grossing movies of the year -
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - $905,258,075
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs - $830,250,211
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $826,716,040
And those are world-wide totals - the ones that matter! (Courtesy of the IMDB)
And Vivian Zabel was wonderful enough to give me the Kreativ Blogger Award!
The rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Spunky is crunched for time, so I carefully considered three very 'Kreativ" bloggers and would like to pass this on to these three friends - their posts are always Kreativ!
Marvin The Old Silly
ElizabethMystery Writing is Murder
Amigo & Mayra Calvani Pets & Their Authors
You three always make it interesting!
And I'll just list three interesting things. (This because I really can't think of seven!)
1. When I went vegetarian, I missed hot dogs the most. (Thank goodness Veggie Dogs were created!)
2. I still collect stuffed toys
3. I've never seen Gone With the Wind (And sorry guys, nor do I want to!)
* PHOTO OF THE DAY *
You've all hear me talk about the hero in my life - here he is!
This was taken Spring of 2008 by my friend, author Darlene Wofford. Since we don't do photos together often (I'm always the one with the camera) perhaps Darlene can take another one when we visit Atlanta in a few weeks for a couple joint book signings...