Thursday, May 07, 2009

Riding the Roller Coaster

Inconsistency is the spice of life!

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Ever feel like that? (Or do you always feel like that?) Life becomes just one big, chaotic roller coaster.

This month has more loops than I know what to do with - my anniversary; AC went out; in-laws visiting for a week; book release; and an upcoming two weeks of being crazy-busy with appearances.

Oddly enough, it doesn't feel like the high point of the roller coaster ride, though. It's not the actual events but the planning that provides more thrill. (It's the journey, not the destination?)

What part gives you the most thrill?

And since I am a roller coaters junkie, I must share with you some images!





8 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Hmm, I'll have to think about this. I think it's the ride itself, not the anticipation, that I like best.

On the other hand, your roller coaster pictures are scary.

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Generally I find the planning phase to be stressful so I prefer the actual event.

I agree with Helen - those photos are scary!

Jane Kennedy Sutton
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Good photos but ugh thought association. Last time I got dragged onto a roller coaster ride I nearly tossed my cookies - lol.

Nancy J. Parra said...

LOL- being a control freak, I tend to avoid rollercoasters...and stick to the tame stuff-like water rides.

So-for me the joy is in the planning. Nice post!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I love roller coasters, but I hate feeling as if I'm on the downswing.

Ironically, I post this today, and then a lot of really good things happened and I'm in the upswing again!

Unknown said...

I love the association - very appropriate! Life is very much like a roller coaster ride. I find myself identifying to this with respect to the fact that I have a freelance business; I'm becoming acclimated to networking; learning the ups, the downs and the curves! There's the thrill of it all and it's also just a bit scary...

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Suspect life keeps throwing you loops because you attract it. It's all energy. (-:
Best,
Carolyn

Angela Ackerman said...

Nice pics to go with the post. Writing is a funny business. Things can go so slow and then boom, everything happens at once.