Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Price

Every now & then, I wonder what the heck I am doing...

I tend to keep the personal side of me off the Internet, but sometimes that means it's hidden in the real world, too. Everything I do revolves around 'business.' With a couple books coming out this spring, I am racing along at Warp 9 trying to accomplish every task while five new ones spring up for every box checked. Funny, being on the road all the time wears me out, but I'm actually looking forward to an opportunity to escape for a while!

Sometimes, I have to pause and wonder why I am doing all of this. It hit me this morning while listening to the XM. (I've self-employed outside of speaking & writing, so I work twice a week on top of everything else.) You might not recall this 80's song, but Twisted Sister's "The Price" was playing on one of the stations. And it shot me back to a time almost three years ago and a lonely stretch of road between Charlotte and home - and the same song on the XM. I won't quote the song here, but sometimes I wonder if it is worth the price we pay...

(Ironically enough, I recently wrote an article on that topic!)

It is worth the price as long as we remember WHY we are doing it...

And tonight at my seminar, when I see all the eager people there to receive information, I will indeed remember WHY I am doing this!

* And just so no one thinks the Spunky is about to burn out - I AM taking next Monday off entirely. It's my birthday (forty-something...) and we are leaving the house for a day of fun! (Perhaps I can entice my cats to blog in my place...)

***FOLLOW UP***
Part 2 of the Kindle2 review at Walt Shiel's blog - http://waltshiel.com/2009/02/10/more-kindle-2-gripes/

4 comments:

Nancy J. Parra said...

Great blog.

I suspect everyone sometimes wonders if it's worth the price we pay... but then a good booksigning, or a workshop or a fan letter makes it all worth it.

Cheers!

Helen Ginger said...

It can, sometimes, get to be overwhelming. But as the saying goes, this too shall pass. Hang in there and have a fun birthday. I'm looking for a blog full of paw prints.

Morgan Mandel said...

We are a mad, crazy bunch. I think it's in the blood. Trying to make sense of it won't happen.Just do it. (g)

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Bob Sanchez said...

Happy birthday, Diane!

Bob Sanchez
http://bobsanchez1.blogspot.com