Monday, July 02, 2007

Favorite Characters

Every book or author comes up with a character that becomes someone's favorite. Sometimes it's the main character, sometimes it's even the villian. Sometimes it's not even human - my favorite character in Anne McCaffrey's Dragonrider series is Ruth, the white dragon.

I have been asked about the characters of my books and recently noticed something. One would think that Lori would be the tie to all of the other characters. Indeed, she was for Books II & III, but she is not in Book IV at all, other than by brief mention. Indeed, the characters who are present in all five stories are Sarah & Matt. They are the real glue that holds together all of the stories.

Perhaps it is because I miss writing about them that they continue to show up in the other stories. Perhaps it is because they are the most stable.

Or perhaps it's because they are my favorite!

No comments: