Thursday, May 26, 2005

Acts of kindness

It never fails - it's the little things that matter. Remembering someone's name, holding a door open, a little note to say you care.

I try to remember special days and events in friend's lives. Sometimes I fail, because my own personal 'Circle of Friends' continues to grow rapidly! But I do make every effort.

A very special young lady, who is also one of my biggest fans, is graduating, so I made sure to drop off a card & inspirational book for her. I wanted to make sure she knew how much I appreciated her!

Wherever I go, I try to remember names. At signings, I take pictures so I won't forget my new fan/friend, and I put them up on my website. Some people get the biggest thrill out of this. It's a simple thing, but if it brings a moment of joy to someone, then I will continue.

I never want to become distant and unreachable. I've seen people buy a book at a convention, then pay $20 or more to stand in line for three hours to get it autographed - praying the time doesn't run out first. I could never do that. People are far more inportant than money or time!

So here's to little acts of kindness!


The Gift of Giving - The only way you can truly get more out of life for yourself is to give part of yourself away. - Jim Stovall, "The Ultimate Gift"

No comments: