Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Weekend Sillies - Special Tiger Edition

Many of you probably read about the animals released from a private reserve in Ohio this week - the full story is HERE.

Ohio has some of the most lax laws when it comes to owning exotic pets and the owner had been fined for animal abuse in the past. This week, he released all of his animals before committing suicide. Of the 56 animals that escaped, 49 were shot and killed, including 18 rare Bengal tigers.

This sort of thing enrages me! Why was this guy allowed to have so many animals? Why weren’t they taken away? The Ohio government knew there was a problem and keeping an eye on him, but why didn’t they do something? And I know the public’s safety was a concern, but they shot and killed almost every animal! All of those animals would be alive today if someone had just taken action.

Today’s sillies are dedicated to the tiger, one of the most beautiful creatures on earth…


cat
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! cat
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! cat
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! Humorous Pictures
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! Humorous Pictures
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz! cat
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

19 comments:

DEZMOND said...

stir carefully, ahahahahahah.... oh, my, imagine the smell of that soup...

Love the snake one too!

We have five albino baby lions here in Belgrade ZOO and they are also awfully cute. There are only a few hundreds of them around the world.

Sarah Pearson said...

I wasn't sure which would be my favourite until I got to the last one - the expression in hi eyes is just perfect!

Jemi Fraser said...

These are awesome! I think I have 4 faves - the toddlers one is awesome!

That whole situation infuriates me. I don't understand how anyone can let animals suffer. I wish someone had recognized how bad the situation was far earlier. So sad.

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Stir carefully! Awesome!

Stephen Tremp said...

Now these were great! Tigers are magnificent creatures. Still can't believe that crazy guy in Ohio let all those exotic animals loose. Thanks for the pics!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Someone really dropped the ball in Ohio. Terrible situation.
I like the second one!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I still can't believe they couldn't have ordered people indoors until they had a chance to recapture some of those animals. How did the guy afford to feed them? It was a crazy thing.

Carol Riggs said...

Definitely gorgeous animals! And I love the photos--cracked me up (especially the tiger soup and Tiger Woods ones). BEAUTIFUL face on the Kitty Kitty one!

Patricia Stoltey said...

I love the expression on Mom's face in the Motherhood picture. Priceless.

Karen Walker said...

OMG, Diane. Sometimes it's good to be away and not hear the news at all. This makes me want to kill someone, and I'm not a violent person.
Karen

Will Burke said...

Thanks for the Tiger Edition! Why the hell didn't they tranquilize the poor kitty's? I love tigers, and am proud to have it as my Chinese Astrology :)

The Golden Eagle said...

I heard about Ohio . . . it's so sad.

LOL. I love the Snake one!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Dezmond, albino lions are very rare.

Jemi, I know! Makes me so mad.

Stephen, he condemned them to death when he did that.

Susan, I don't know why they had to shoot all of them. There had to be a better way to handle that.

Karen, I'm not an active animal activists, but this makes me want to be one!!

Will, they tried it on ONE. Grrr!!! I love tigers, too.

Connie Arnold said...

That was such a terrible thing to happen to those animals! Thank you for providing this humor today with the tigers. It has been a while since I've been by, and I've missed your wonderful Sunday Sillies. Thank you for your visit to my blog!

julie fedderson said...

I was very distressed that they didn't try to just tranquilize those animals. You can't tell me that a zoo somewhere wouldn't have loved to have them. I do love the pics, especially the motherhood one. So true.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

I love these photos! Especially in light of the tragic events in the last week in OH. Thanks for running these, Diane!

Lynn said...

I was sorry to hear about that story in Ohio. It was on the news here too, but I did not hear the owner committed suicide. It is unfortunate. Intervention may have found someone who could afford to keep the animals, and spare the man's guilt/shame, maybe??
The pictures are funny today, but it is the beauty of the subject that I was most drawn to. Thanks for sharing.

Tamara Narayan said...

That story was heart-breaking, but these pictures are great. I love the mama tiger with babies and the toddler one.

Kerri Eckes said...

I don't understand why they didn't just tranq them?