Sunday, June 07, 2009

Hookers For Jesus

Yes, you read that right – do not attempt to adjust your monitor!

I was going to save this for next Friday, but it’s a neat story.

Annie Lobert used to be a prostitute, but after finding Jesus, she decided to help other prostitutes find a better life. She founded Hookers for Jesus and you can read about the organization at the their website: Hookers For Jesus

She and Stryper member, Ox Fox, were married in Vegas Friday night and you can read about that here: CNN

It’s just a wonderful story!

Do I sense a book in the making?

4 comments:

Marvin D. Wilson said...

I was SO glad for Annie when I read she was getting married. I found her on Twitter last year and did a feature post on her and her ministry on Free Spirit last Fall, titled, I Love Prostitutes! What an inspiration she is, a great human being and so deserving of finding true love after living the hell she went through. Glad you're shouting her out on your blog too, Diane.

The Old Silly From Spirit Blog

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Good for you, Marvin!
And I think it's awesome mainistream media covered this, too.

Helen Ginger said...

I agree, Diane, I smell a book. How about "The Hooker and the Fox"?

Helen
Straight From Hel

Morgan Mandel said...

Goes to show you never know what can turn a person's life around.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com